Our Roots Are Local and Run Deep
When Dr. Henry Stewart founded Invision in 1958, his trademark green leather chairs were brand new. No, that’s not an error–we were founded in 1958! For over 4 decades, Dr. Stewart practiced in downtown Christiansburg. By 1990, he was ready for retirement, and so were his green leather chairs. Ownership was transferred to Virginia locals, Drs Becky Mann and Scott Mann. Salem resident Dr. Jon Gudeman joined the team in 2001.
Over the course of half a century, Invision has grown from 1 location with 1 staff member, to 2 state-of-the-art locations with 4 optometrists and 20 staff members. Despite the changes to our locations, growing staff, and getting rid of those old green chairs, patients still look to us for superior eye care. At Invision, we’ve thrived all these years by combining new technologies with a consistently high level of patient care. We’re proud to call the New River Valley our home.
1958 – Dr Henry Stewart establishes the practice in Downtown Christiansburg.
1990 – Drs Becky & Scott Mann acquire the practice as Dr Stewart retires.
The Practice consists of one location with 1 Doctor and 1 staff member and begins to quickly grow.
1999 The Salem location of Dr Gene Bane, where Dr Scott worked for many years, is acquired.
2000 – Dr Jon Gudeman joins the Salem location with Dr Scott Mann.
2005 – The office is rebranded as Invision and continues to expand.
2008 – Christiansburg completely renovates the current facility.
2010 – Salem relocates to its current location in new constructed facility.
2018 – Thanks to the support of our patients Invision has 4 Doctors, a number of licensed opticians and 20+ staff in 2 state of the art locations.