Insurance – What’s Covered?
Questions about insurance coverage?
Salem office 387-1183
Call us first with your insurance card in hand. Often we can go online to obtain your benefit eligibility before you schedule your appointment.
We want you to know exactly what will be covered by insurance before you arrive so you can plan for your visit. Your plan may not cover every fee but can often help pay for the services and products that will be best for your specific needs.
BlueView (through Anthem) vision plans
EyeMed vision plans
We accept many plans not listed here: Call us for details.
We accept some other plans not listed here. Feel free to call us with any questions about your specific plan.
Reimbursement policy and “out of network” benefits
If your plan is not listed above, you may still be eligible for reimbursement!
Exam fees are due the day of service, we then file a claim to your insurance carrier for your reimbursement.
Do I have Medical insurance or Vision insurance?
There are two types of health insurance that can help pay for your eye care services and products.
You may have both and Invision often accepts both:
1. Vision care plans (such as VSP, EyeMed and Volvo)
2. Medical insurance (such as Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Medicare).
• Vision care plans only cover routine vision exams along with eyeglasses and contact lenses. They only cover a basic screening for eye disease. They do not cover diagnosis, management or treatment of eye diseases.
• Medical insurance may be used if you have an eye health problem or a systemic health problem that has ocular complications. Your doctor will discuss all findings with you and determine if these conditions apply to you.
• If you have both types of insurance plans it may be necessary for us to bill some services to one plan and some to the other. We will use coordination of benefits to do this properly and to minimize your out-of-pocket expense.
• We will bill your insurance plan for services if we are a participating provider for that plan. We will try to obtain advanced authorization of your insurance benefits so we can tell you what is covered. If some fees are not paid by your plan, we will bill you for any unpaid deductibles, co-pays or non-covered services as allowed by the insurance contract.